Support our sponsor: Submarine House 3195 Dayton-Xenia Rd. Beavercreek 937.429.8650
Rules for the 2016 Metro Futbol Club Showcase being held 11/11/2016 – 11/13/2016
Teams are required to have all coach and player passes with them at the game sites
There is no Friday night check-in!! All registration is done as mail-in or email in, see registration info form.
Kevin Arcuri email@example.com 937-371-0869
IMPORTANT ISSUE: CONCUSSION LAW http://www.osysa.com/forms_resources/concussion_education/ http://www.osysa.com/assets/956/15/OSYSA_Concussion_NFHS_Video.pdf
In order to protect young athletes, the State of Ohio has passed a concussion law, commonly called the “Return to Play” law. Therefore, all Ohio Tournaments are responsible to monitor and track compliance with the concussion training requirements of the Return to Play law. Each coach (head coach and assistants) must receive approved concussion training. See O.R.C. 3707.511(C)(1). Tournaments are required to collect and maintain certificates of compliance from the coaches.
1. All coaches MUST complete the Concussion Training Course from either NFHS (preferred) or CDC and submit a COPY of the completed certificate to the tournament. Both online courses are FREE of charge. See the links for the Concussion Form after you CONFIRM acceptance on the forms list.
2. Coaches must also carry their certificate COPY of compliance with them during the event.
3. Coaches are also required per Ohio law, to have distributed a COPY of the Parent Concussion Information Sheet to the parents of their team players.
If these 3 items are not satisfied, those coaches will NOT be able to coach at this event.
If a player is believed, by either a coach, referee or tournament official, to exhibit the signs, symptoms or behaviors of concussion during the tournament, that player shall be prohibited from continuing to play that same calendar day and may not play until they have received clearance to “return to play” by a physician or other authorized medical personnel.
REGISTRATION and TEAM ELIGIBILITY:
Registration and Check-In:
Coaches or team admins must have sent by mail or email the following for registration/check-in:
If registering under USYSA, you will need to provide the following:
1. Completed Contact/Hotel form for ALL TEAMS even if your team is not staying at one of the approved hotels.
2. Original State Approved Roster- two copies
3. Validated Player Pass Cards- copy of front and back of both rostered players and guest players
4. Validated Coaches Pass Card..copy of front and back one for each coach, if applicable. Maximum of three.
5. Tournament Liability Release Form which must be signed by a parent or guardian of each player.
6. Travel Permit if outside of Ohio South.
7. Guest Player Roster approved and validated by the state in which the player is registered
8. Concussion form (see above)
US Club Soccer Requirements
If registering under US Club Soccer affiliation, you will need to provide the following:
1. Completed Contact/Hotel form for ALL TEAMS even if your team is not staying at one of the approved hotels.
2. Approved Official Roster- two copies
3. Validated Player Pass copy of front and back of both rostered players and guest players
4. Validated Coaches Pass copy of front and back one for each coach.. Maximum of three.
5. Tournament Liability Release Form which must be signed by a parent or guardian of each player.
6. Concussion form (see above)
*Players over the age of 18 may sign their own forms
COMPLEXES: All games are played within at sites in Dayton (Beavercreek High school), (Fairmont High school), (Miami Valley School), (Athletes in Action) as well as other area turf fields
PLAYER/COACH CARDS: Coaches should bring player/coach passes and medical release forms to every game.
All teams that are selected for participation in the Metro FC Showcase are required to make hotel reservations at the Holiday Inn Fairborn. Click on "find a hotel" link on left side of home page. This only applies to teams requiring hotel accommodations for the tournament.
TEAMS FROM THE UNITED STATES: For teams from the United States:
1. The Players must present picture identification cards issued by the teams Federation Organization Member (USYS, CLUB SOCCER, AYSO, other)
2. Teams must provide proof of approval of the teams participation from the teams Federation Organization Member.
3. Teams from outside the State Association, Ohio South Youth Soccer Association, where the tournament is located must provide proof of permission to travel. Teams must be in good standing with their Federation Organization.
Age / Game Time / Half Time / Number Players
U-15 –U16 70 min / 5 min half / 18 player roster / Team fee $700.00
U-17 –U19 70 min / 5 min half / 22 player roster / Team fee $700.00
NOTE: The Tournament reserves the right to consolidate age groups.
ROSTERS: The following maximum roster size limits include guest players. Team rosters will be limited as stated above. The Roster submitted at Tournament Registration will be the official Roster for the Tournament and will be frozen and may not be altered. A player may only play for one team in one age group for the entire tournament.
Maximum roster size is 18 for U15 & U16, 22 for U17 & U18/19. A maximum of 4 guest players per team is allowed. Guest players must be registered and have a current player pass.
GUEST PLAYERS: Four (4) guest players will be allowed per team. Guest player Rosters should be validated by your state association. Prior to the start of each game the referee or field marshal shall check that each team has current Federation player passes and coaches passes.
TEAMS: The first team listed in the tournament schedule on the website is the home team. A maximum of 3 coaches and a State issued Director of Coaches (DOC) pass will be honored, and are permitted on the coaches side of the field. All coaches will remain within 20 yards of the center-line on their half of the field, and both team's spectators will be on the opposite side of the field. Field marshals will communicate which side is the coaches side if questions arise. Spectators are not permitted behind the end line and specifically the goals.
CREDENTIALS: Player Credentials and Uniforms
1. Player picture identification cards are to be laminated and present and available at all matches.
2. Identification cards are required to be checked by the field marshal or referee prior to each match
LAWS of the GAME: All matches must be played in accordance with FIFA Laws of the Game in effect on January 1st of the year that the tournament is held, except as specifically modified for youth play by USSF and US Youth Soccer with certain Amendments as follows:
- Substitution Time: Substitutes must be at the midfield line. Unlimited substitutions for all age groups will be allowed with the consent of the referee;
1. before a throw-in in your favor. The team in possession of the ball for a throw-in may substitute. If the team in possession of the ball for a throw-in substitutes players, the opposing team may substitute any number of players at the same time.
2. before a goal-kick.
3. after a score by either team.
4. at half time.
5. After an injury, by either team, when the referee stops play.
6. After a caution, one for one by both teams, if the cautioned player is substituted.
- Match Lengths: Preliminary Games will consist of two halves of equal length. See the chart above for game length. No overtime periods.
Final Games will consist of two halves of equal length.
The Directors reserve the right to adjust game length for conditions beyond their control. See Weather/Reschedule section below.
- The game clock will not be stopped because of injury to any player, except if deemed necessary by the referee. Due to the time allowed for the completion of all games, the clock should run continuously.
- It is the intent of the Metro Futbol Club Showcase to provide a three person referee system for all tournament matches however, if deemed necessary, matches may be conducted with club linesmen at the discretion of the Directors.
- A coach may coach more than one team during the tournament.
SPECIAL RULES for: Metro Futbol Club Showcase
BLOOD: A player who is either bleeding or has blood on her/his uniform shall be required to be removed from the field and allowed to return only when in the opinion of the referee the bleeding has stopped and blood removed from the uniform.
PIERCINGS: Players must remove jewelry from any piercing, from any location on their body, prior to any match.
SPECIFIC LAWS of the GAME
1. No overtime will be played during games.
2. Red cards will be administered as per FIFA laws of the game. The player or coach will serve a one game suspension unless otherwise determined by the Tournament Director.
3. A player or coach sent off for a second caution will not be allowed to play for the remainder of that game and their next game.
4. Un-served Red cards and game report will be forwarded to their appropriate State or National organizations.
The Tournament will supply the game balls for all matches. Balls used will be FIFA Approved size #5
1. Shin guards are mandatory and must be of appropriate size and must be covered by a sock.
2. Shirt/jersey will be tucked into players shorts at all times.
3. In the event of a color conflict, the home team (first team listed on schedule) will change shirt color.
4. Hard and soft casts are permitted with the approval by the game referee if they deem that the cast is properly wrapped.
5. The Tournament staff will provide a Game ball for all matches
TOURNAMENT FORMAT: 11 v 11, all teams will play 3 games only, no finals, no overtime.
MATCH SCHEDULES: The ONLINE Schedules are the OFFICIAL schedules of the Metro Futbol Club Showcase. We do not print a Program Book. A maximum of 2 matches per team will be played on any one day. In cases where a team drops out of the competition some teams may play less than 3 games. See Forfeits for scoring this type of game.
REFEREES: Referees will be USSF certified. Referee decisions are final.
FORFEITS: Failure to complete a match, or a team leaving the field during play, will result in forfeiture. The team winning by forfeit will be awarded the average number of goals they score in their other games, rounded down to the nearest integer, (with a minimum score of 1-0). The opponent's score will be zero. This score will be the official score in case goal differential is necessary. The Tournament officials reserve the right to decide all matters concerning a forfeit. In no case will a team which has forfeited a game be declared a group winner or wild card. If a team arrives more than 15 minutes late for a match the Tournament Committee, at their discretion, may declare the game to be a forfeit depending upon the situation. A team failing to field the proper number of players at the scheduled time, or at any time during the match, will forfeit the game. 11v11 teams must field a minimum of seven (7) players. If the minimum number of players is not maintained, that team will forfeit that game. The scores of forfeit games in this manner will be scored as described above in this paragraph.
PROCEDURES for Determining GROUP WINNERS: Immediately after the game both coaches and the game center referee will sign the game card certifying the final score which will then be delivered to the HQ tent at each site. Scores will be posted on the website as soon as possible.
STANDINGS & TIE-BREAKERS: No overtime periods will be played for any games. Each team will be awarded three points for a win, one point for a tie, and no points for a loss. In the event of ties in the group standing, the following procedure will determine the group winner:
1. Team with the most wins (if tied go to step two)
2. Winner of the game played between the tied teams. (If three or more teams are tied for the group lead, Step 2 is by-passed, go to Step 3)
3. Highest number of total NET goals (goal differential). Maximum goal differential per game is three (3). (i.e. For a score of 4-1, goal differential is 3 for the winner and -3 for the loser. For a score of 6-2, goal differential is also 3 and -3 as above).
4. Fewer total goals allowed (gross).
- Games interrupted in the first half:
1. If the first half has not been completed and the game is stopped, every effort will be made to complete the game, or play to completion of at least the first half and record the score as final.
2. Games shall be considered completed if the first half has concluded. The score at the stoppage of play will be the final game score.
- Games interrupted after the completion of the first half:
Will continue if time permits or, if time or other issues, as determined by the tournament, does not permit the game to continue, the current score at the time when the game is terminated will be the final score.
Note: If necessary, game lengths may be shortened to accommodate scheduling requirements and/or weather conditions or pending darkness. It is the responsibility of the head coach to check Tournament Headquarters for any reschedule information.
For more information regarding schedule changes consult the website www.metrofcshowcase.com.
However, in the event that rescheduling is not possible, and game cancellation creates a situation where teams within the division are unable to play an equal number of qualifying games, the group winner will be determined on the basis of awarding the average tournament points earned in the other games, to the teams that were unable to complete an official game, followed by the tie breaking procedure if necessary. The team with the highest average points will be declared the winner of the group. In the event there is a tie which cannot be resolved by point averaging, the advancing team will be determined by a coin toss, or penalty kicks, per FIFA as directed by the Tournament Directors.
MATCH AND SCORE REPORTING
Upon completion of each match it is the responsibility of each coach to verify the score and sign the official score card in the presence of the match official. Scorecards will be given to the Field Marshal who will be responsible for reporting the score to headquarters.
Scores and standings will be posted at headquarters at the venue where matches are being played. A master standing sheet will be posted at tournament headquarters. Scores will be entered on the tournament website as timely as possible.
Field Marshals will report ejections to headquarters immediately. The match official will submit a written report on all red cards/ejections of players, coaches or spectators upon completion of the match. The tournament committee will file reports of red cards/ejections to the appropriate organization upon completion of the tournament.
PROTESTS & DISPUTES: Protests must be presented in writing to the tournament site Headquarters (one will be located at each site) within 30 minutes of completion of the game and must be accompanied by a fee of $100 in cash. Referee judgment will NOT be a basis for protest. Coaches wishing to file a protest shall notify the referee of this intention as soon as possible but not later than 5 minutes after the conclusion of the game in question. The Protest Committee's decision is final.
STANDARDS of CONDUCT & DISIPLINE: Disciplinary action taken against a coach will be levied in the next game in which he/she coaches the team playing at the time of the original infraction, or to the next game coached if the violation occurred during the last game for that team. If additional behavior problems occur, the Directors reserve the right to levy additional discipline up to and including expulsion from the Tournament.
1. All participants in the Metro Futbol Club Showcase will be expected to maintain high standards of conduct during their stay in the Dayton area. These standards are expected of players, referees, and other guests in the hotels and motels; keeping noise in the hallways to a minimum, refraining from kicking soccer balls inside any of the buildings, and being respectful of the property of others. Should it come to the attention of the Tournament Directors that a person (or persons) has failed to observe these guidelines; the Director reserves the right to take remedial action. Said action, depending upon the circumstances, may range from a warning, a reduction in points in the standings, or banning that team and/or all teams in its club from future participation in the tournament.
2. There shall be no dissent between players and/or coaches and the referee. Questioning a referee is considered dissent. All coaches are responsible for the actions of his or her spectators, specifically verbal abuse of referees. Such abuse will not be tolerated! Violation may result in forfeiture of the game and/or expulsion from further play.
3. Any player or coach ejected from a game will be ineligible to participate in the next scheduled game (a minimum of one game suspension depending upon the severity of the offense). The player/coach pass is to be turned in to the referee headquarters immediately following the initial suspension game. If dismissed in the last game, the player/coach card will be returned to the team if there is not an assault associated with that card. In this case the player/coach card will be held and returned to the appropriate state association.
4. Any player or coach who receives an accumulation of three (3) yellow cards must sit out the next tournament game.
5. All coaches will remain within 20 yards of the centerline on their half of the field, on the side opposite of both team's spectators. Teams will be located on the same side of the field. Spectators will be on the opposite side.
6. Spectators may be ejected from the park for improper conduct, at the discretion of the tournament officials. Artificial noise makers, such as air horns, bells, etc. are not permitted.
7. If field conditions are such that there is a problem with interference by an outside agent; such as a tree overhanging the field for instance, the play will be restarted with a drop ball.
8. Not permitted at our tournament includes: NO alcoholic beverages, NO smoking, and NO verbal abuse.
9. NO PETS are allowed at any tournament site, period. ALL sites are SMOKE FREE!
Persons ejected due to any of the above situations must leave the site immediately.
DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS: Report of Disciplinary action taken against any team will be reported to that teams Federation Organization. Disciplinary action taken or required will be followed.
INCLEMENT WEATHER PROCEDURES: The Tournament Committee and/or Director reserve the right to delay the start of a game, reduce the length of the game, or terminate a game. All teams must abide by the tournament weather/field conditions policy. Head coaches only may come to the Tournament HQ only after the weather delay for further information.
CANCELLATIONS: If the Tournament is cancelled due to events beyond the control of the Tournament Committee, the Tournament will not be required to make any financial remuneration.
WAIVER: By entering this tournament, every participant agrees to accept the jurisdiction of the Tournament Committee or its members, the Metro Futbol Club, its Board of Trustees and employees, the three sites ,their respective employees/volunteers, the United States Soccer Federation, United States Youth Soccer Association, and United States Youth Soccer Association North in all matters of dispute. No official, coach, club, league, referee, player or their representative may invoke the aid of the Courts of any political or governmental entity without first exhausting all available remedies within the appropriate affiliated soccer organizations as set forth in these rules, the Constitution and Bylaws of the Metro Futbol Club, the Constitution and Bylaws of the United States Soccer Federation, the Constitution and Bylaws of the United States Youth Soccer Association, and the Constitution and Bylaws of the Ohio South Youth Soccer Association. For violation of this rule, the offending party shall be subject for all expenses incurred by these associations and/or their officers, as appropriate, in defending each court action, including, but not limited to, court costs, attorney(s) fees and reasonable compensation for all time and expenses.
1. Coaches are required to bring all player/coach cards to every game. It is highly suggested that you bring medical release forms with you in case of injury.
2. If a game is temporarily suspended due to weather problems, field conditions, or other situations beyond the tournament's control, each team (coach only) involved must check with their site's tournament headquarters. Have players go their cars during a weather delay. No one will be allowed on the fields until the weather conditions are favorable to resume.
3. All teams are required to clean up their sidelines after each match. Thank you for your support with this effort.
4. All Referee decisions shall be final.
5. In case a situation that may arise and is not addressed specifically in these rules, the tournament co-director's interpretation of the foregoing rules/regulations and unforeseen circumstances shall be final.
Metro FC Showcase
If you are interested in having tourneycentral.com produce your
tournament, check us out here.